Monday, January 09, 2023

A Message

I have a friend whose butt is very fond of me. 

Her butt is also quite proficient in using the phone, as it often calls me. It's even left the occasional garbled, cryptic text on occasion. 

My friend is a kind, intelligent, thoughtful person. She's tried online dating, and it's been frustrating and disappointing (like it has been for many of us). 

The hardest thing about online dating is you feel like you're casting your net into the void, and if nothing comes back, the void grows. 

Recently, she met a man (online, incredibly). She told me about him, and he sounds like such a good fit for her. She's said she's very happy. 

When her butt called me on Saturday night, she was out on a date with him. The message was about a minute long, and while the dialogue was garbled in Charlie-Brown's-teacher style, I could hear her laugh clearly. It was joyous and peaceful and pure. 

She told me she was happy, but in that moment, I got to hear her happiness, and it made me warm and happy, too. 

Site Meter