Tuesday, April 04, 2023

It's Happening Again

Another birthday, and they seem to be piling up now. If you'd like to celebrate, please consider reading The Man You Trust. Birthday plug! I'm very happy to have something to plug, actually. 

Since it's my birthday, expect a week of reflection. Sorry about that, and I promise to return to juvenile behavior, as usual, next week. 

I've had multiple injuries in the last few weeks (rotator cuff, plantar fasciitis, hip pain) that I haven't quite gotten past, and it's funny how getting older affects you. 

Not physically. Mentally. 

When I was younger, I worked out hard, and if I was hurt, taking off time was no problem. I didn't like it (I'm stubborn, which I know comes as a huge surprise), but I felt like I'd "earned" the time off. 

Now, I work out every day, but nowhere near the intensity I'd like, because I get hurt if I do. When I am hurt, I feel like I can't afford to take days off, because my fitness level isn't high enough. 

It creates this strange paradox where I'm both less fit and more injured. 

I did finally take the time off to heal in the last week. Grinding my teeth every day. 

Site Meter