Tuesday, August 15, 2023

A Sizable Man

I was in the garage when the trash truck came by this morning. I decided to wait so I could just pull the containers back into the garage when they were done.

We have a trash pickup system where there's a standard trash truck, along with powered trash carts. The carts pick up the trash containers from each house (in our neighborhood, we put them outside the garage) and drive them back to the main truck.

That's how it usually works, anyway.

Today, a guy walked up the driveway pulling a regular trash bin and a recycling bin behind him. He wasn't Andre the Giant, but he was a big, big dude, without an ounce of fat on him. He casually walked up to my trash bin, lifted it, and poured the trash into the bin he brought with him. 

These bins are huge, but they're also awkwardly-shaped, so I can't imagine anyone picking one up, let alone when they're full of trash. He did it like it was nothing. Then he did the same with the recycling and went on his way.

I wouldn't have been surprised if he walked down to the street and bench pressed the trash truck.

Site Meter