Tuesday, October 24, 2023

Update

I need three hands today instead of two, so here's a quick update on This Doesn't Feel Like the Future.

Originally, the second draft was going to be entirely structural, just making sure that the plot was complete and events were in their proper places. Some would be added, some cut, some moved.

Of course, as soon as I look at page one I see twenty things that should be phrased differently, so now, it's turned into a combined structural and content edit. I'd rather keep it strictly separated, but I'm also seeing clean edits that I might forget, so I'm going to put them in now. 

I finished chapter one yesterday. Only 96% to go.

When this draft is complete, it will be a readable, coherent book (that still needs many more drafts and a ton of work). Still, it will be progress.

Site Meter