Wednesday, May 29, 2024

A Memory

When I was at the pet hospital yesterday, there was a moment when I leaned forward and dropped my head, then put my forearms on my thighs.

I'm probably not describing that well, but hopefully you can picture it.

It was an emotional situation already, but as soon as I was in that position, it intensified exponentially. I was utterly overwhelmed with grief. It was dark.

I didn't understand what happened until I realized that was the same position I sat in many times in Gloria's room at the hospital: head bowed, looking at the ground, with my forearms resting on my thighs. I don't ever remember sitting quite like that before Gloria's accident. I hadn't been in that position since then until yesterday.

You can have all the therapy you want, but your body remembers.

Site Meter