Thursday, June 27, 2024

Friday Links!

Leading off this week, an utterly fantastic read: ‘I’m good, I promise’: the loneliness of the low-ranking tennis player

From Wally, and I've seen most of these: The 10 Best Steampunk Movies, Ranked. To me, we already know what it looks like because it represents an entire political party now: How 'The Boys' Imagines Fascism Coming to America. This is quite the rant: I Will Fucking Piledrive You If You Mention AI Again

From Chris M., and it's both thoughtful and depressing: The Real Reason Why Music Is Getting Worse

From C. Lee, and it's a fascinating read: How to Build 300,000 Airplanes in Five Years. Also excellent: How to Build a $20 Billion Semiconductor Fab. And another great read as well: Number Representations in Computer Hardware. I certainly hope not (I still enjoy mine): Is the desktop PC on its way out? Steve of GamersNexus chimes in. This certainly made me think: Why small annoyances can harm us more than big disruptions. This is quite a story: JUDO/ Japanese master who popularized judo in France still revered. This is surprising: Japan has an excess sushi problem. These food waste activists put it in numbers. It would be interesting to try the original recipe: Tea Punch Was the First Cocktail. What a rabbit hole: Niche Museums

Site Meter