Monday, August 12, 2024

Shoes (September 2023-August 24)











I bought these shoes in Tokyo, on day two or three of the Japan trip, when my feet felt like uncooked hamburger meat. I wasn't going to be able to keep up the pace.

I tried on the Gel Nimbus 25 in an Asics store (in the Shinjuku district, I think) and they were magic. I went from barely being able to walk to handling 7-9 miles a day with no problem, even as the original injury healed.

They went to Tokyo, to Austin, To Merida, Mexico, and to Montreal. Huge mileage trips, all of them, and my feet felt great the whole time. I'd never had a pair of shoes make my feet feel so good.

I've stockpiled three additional pairs as a safeguard against inevitable model year changes. I may pick up another pair or two before they're all gone. 

Total mileage: around 750. Injuries: zero. 

Satisfaction: infinite. 

Site Meter