A Possibility
Last week we talked about a book now going unpublished because there were questions about AI assistance.
I wouldn't ever want AI assistance to write a book. I don't need it. Well, unless it was to check for typos. That would be quite nice, actually.
If I composed music or painted, I wouldn't want assistance, either.
Games, though, might be different.
I made Gridiron Solitaire all those years ago because it was a game I wanted to play. It didn't exist, so I made it. Then I continued to play it long after it was released.
I don't re-read the books I've written. I can't imagine musicians listening to their old albums, either, or painters spending hours with their old work.
A game, though, is play. I make games so I can play them.
So would I use AI if it made a game I wanted to play a better experience? I would. It might also make it possible to make a more complex, more interesting game than I originally imagined.
Which I would then continue to expand and play after I released it.
The only consideration, in the end, is would it be more fun?

<< Home