A Satisfied Customer
I think my dentist is money laundering.I'm not complaining, mind you. It's a genuine boon for customer service.
The first time I went, six months ago, I walked in and asked if I could make an appointment to get my teeth cleaned. The offices were only half a mile from our house, and I decided to walk in and take a look around before I committed.
For new customers, two cleanings and x-rays for $125. Outrageous.
The receptionist said, "We can see you right now." Seriously?
I sailed right in. The hygienist who cleaned my teeth was a brute, and the woman who polished my teeth had probably never done it before, but whatever.
I noticed this week that my Sara Boynton twelve-month calendar, on August 5, said "DENTIST." No explanation. No details.
Present me cursed past me and decided to walk in and ask if I had an appointment or if I was just reminding myself to make one.
"Tomorrow at 1:30," the receptionist said, and I thanked her and stopped at the door on my way out to put in my earbuds. "Or would you just like to go in now?" she asked.
I looked at her with a large WTF on my face.
"Since you're already here," she said, "and the hygienist is here today." I nodded dumbly and she said they'd be right with me.
I figured they were fitting me in and I'd wait for a while, which was fine. Nope. Thirty seconds later, I'm called back.
This time, the hygienist was quite good.
The dentist looked at my x-rays and said, "That baby tooth is hanging by a thread. It has to come out sometime."
I said, "That baby tooth graduated college before you were born. It can handle itself." He burst out laughing and we got alone fine.
There's no way this place could possibly be legit. Or more convenient.

<< Home