Happiness
I thought about happiness yesterday.
What makes me happiest? What are the things in life that give me the most lasting sense of well-being? I decided to make a top five.
Swimming
Games
Being in flow state while working on a large project (book/game)
Going out to do things with C
Thoughtful/stupid conversations with Eli 25.1
Those are in no particular order.
Some of those are more accessible to me than others (Eli is much less available than swimming). And some have time limits (I can't play a game for too long or it turns into a negative instead of a positive). And they're not the only things that make me happy. I really enjoy talking to Mom 96.5 every day, for example.
I'm going to try to do these five things as much as I can.
I just wonder if being consistently happy is as simple as deciding what makes you happy and spending as much time on those things as you can.

<< Home