Monday, October 04, 2004

Updated 'Most Anticipated Games of Fall'

Here's an update on my best guess for the remaining big titles this fall (not including MMORPG's).

Half-Life 2: November. There's no way Vivendi holds this game until next year, because they would blow up their own fiscal year if they do so.

Medal of Honor: Pacific Assault. November.

Sid Meier's Pirates: November. I didn't think this game would make it this year, but the marketing ramp is telling me that it will.

Prince of Persia 2: November.

Roller Coaster Tycoon 3: late October. Demo released.

Men of Valor: Late October. Demo released.

Vampire: The Masquerade-Bloodlines. November. Again, the marketing ramp is indicating that the game will make it this year.

I'm shocked that so few of these big games are slipping. Vampire and Pirates are still the two that are probably most at risk. Everything else looks very, very solid at this point.

ALREADY RELEASED

Rome: Total War. Released and it's outstanding. Probably a sure thing for Strategy Game of the Year. It's also probably Game of the Year in all genres at this point.

Kohan II: Released, but there is zero buzz because it was released on the same day as Rome:
TW. I haven't even installed it yet. Bad, bad marketing strategy.

Full Spectrum Warrior: Released, but so close to Rome: Total War that I think it's been overwhelmed. Like Kohan II, I haven't installed it because Rome: TW is taking all my time.

Evil Genius: It's on my desk waiting to be installed. I hope it's a game instead of one very clever joke.

Chris Sawyer's Locomotion: It's out and has generated almost zero buzz, as far as I can tell.

Site Meter