Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Fear Factor: Randall's

I've noticed an odd and somewhat disturbing trend at our neighborhood Randall's supermarket. The cashiers used to be the regular motley assortment of humanity one sees in such places, but in the last few weeks, a new group has emerged. These women, through their hairstyles and general appearance, have a look, and the look says "I churned butter in the 1800's."

I don't know about you, but I'm not that keen on having Sarah Plain and Tall ring up my purchases. I'm worried that this might be some kind of movement, and a month from now they'll replace my peanut flavored M&M's with salt pork. Listen, I totally respect your choice to live in a log cabin and subsist on root vegetables and squirrel meat, but please leave my candy alone.

Site Meter