Monday, April 04, 2005

Eli 3.7: Pickles, Pasta, and Debris Fields

At the Pancake House on Sunday morning, Eli 3.7 looked at the waitress (who he likes, and the feeling is mutual) and said "I'll have chocolate covered eggs with pickles and extra sour."

That's my boy. He'll be performing at open mike night by age ten.

Eli has this amazing ability to spill food. Actually, he doesn't even spill it--there seems to be some centrifugal force drawing food away from him. He ate spaghetti for dinner tonight, and he sat at his little table. By all accounts, he was eating very neatly, and I remember some small feeling of satisfaction at what a well-mannered little boy he was.

Then I tried to walk into the kitchen, and I stepped on enough spaghetti to make a pair of snowshoes. It was a debris field of pasta, and out of a purely scientific interest, I took some measurements.

Roughly circular, its radius extends 7'1" from the Eli.

Site Meter