Monday, April 04, 2005

MVP Mod v1 Released

The v1 player progression mod for MVP 2005 has been released and you can download it at www.mvpmods.com (downloads/MVP Baseball 2005/miscellaneous). MVP Mods is a terrific site for game forums and mods--some of the stadiums are absolutely amazing.

I was very happy with the results of the mod with one exception: walks. For many reasons that I won't go into here (much to your relief), walks will decline significantly in the first twenty years of a dynasty. I've been trying to work around it for longer than I want to admit at this point, and I still don't have a suitable fix. Everything else looks excellent, but it's frustrating to have that one problem outstanding.

I have many, many statistical comparisons between the default player progression settings and the mod, and I'll spare you that torture as well. However, they're all in the readme file.

I wanted to reproduce the section of the readme that thanks the testers, and I've done so below:

This mod represents over 1000 simmed seasons and several hundred hours of work. Doing much of that work were volunteer testers who helped this mod reach a level of accuracy far beyond what I could have done by myself. Simming seasons is incredibly tedious and I can't thank them enough for their efforts.

200+ seasons: Kurt Matthews, Matthew Kreuch, Paul Costello (
www.groovgames.com)
100+ seasons: Russ Reed, Mike DesRochers
20+ seasons: Nick Blair, Dale Tuchalski

These guys were as dedicated and efficient in their approach as if we were doing a professional software project.

Site Meter