Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Meet Mr. Sun

I wound up spending most of the day around Gloria yesterday.

This concerned me.

Around 5 p.m., I decided I better check on her. "How has your day been?" I asked.

"Well, I've spent all of it with you," she said.

"Exactly. That's why I'm asking."

"What do you mean?" she asked.

"I'm like sunlight," I said.

"Oh, brother."

"I am. A short exposure to me gets you a healthy dose of Vitamin D and boosts your immune system. Do you know what happens if you're around me all the time, though?"

"I can't imagine."

"Skin cancer. In anything but small doses, I'm deadly."

"I'll make a note of that," she said, expertly rolling her eyes.

Please note that this effect does not, to the best of my knowledge, happen remotely, so you're at risk for nothing worse than sheer boredom.

Site Meter