Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Race Into Space

#1 on games I'd like to see a sequel to is Buzz Aldrin's Race Into Space. Originally released in 1993, it simulated the race to the moon between the United States and the Soviet Union in the 1960's. It was a strategy game but it also managed to be very visually appealing, and the combination of gameplay and subject matter made it one of the more unique games I ever played.

I had lunch with my friend John Harwood and he mentioned that Fritz Bonner, the game's designer, was still selling copies of the board game (Lift Off!) that was the foundation of the computer version. He also mentioned that Bonner's website is www.TheSpaceRace.com, which is an excellent site for information on the Mercury, Gemini, and Apollo space programs. Supposedly, Bonner has beeen working for a few years on a new version of the Buzz Aldrin game, and I only hope he completes it one day.

Site Meter