Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Just One Picture, Please

I was watching a video with Eli 5.2 last night when Gloria walked into the room with a camera.

"Can I get a picture of you guys for Spanish class?" she asked. "Maria wants me to bring in a picture of my family and then tell the class about you in Spanish."

"Sure," I said. "Eli, is that okay with you?"

"Okay by me," he said.

"I just need one picture," she said. "Just sit there on the couch together. You don't even have to move."

This might have all gone well, except that our digital camera has a little yellow burst of light before the flash actually goes off.

It was, for the photographer, a fatal flaw. After twelve pictures, she gave up, still lacking a "usable" photo.

I reviewed them on the camera today.
Picture 1: both of our tongues are sticking out.
Picture 2: my tongue is sticking out and Eli is google-eyed.
Picture 3: both of our shirts are lifted way up and our bellies are showing.
Picture 4: our tongues are sticking out and we're pulling our ears out.
Picture 5: Eli's tongue is sticking out, he's pulling on one ear, and I'm hidden behind him.
Picture 6: we're pulling our hair up from our head, and I'm google-eyed.
Picture 7: our tongues are sticking out and our arms are twisted horribly.
Picture 8: Eli's pulled his shirt up to show his belly and I've pulled up my hair.
Picture 9: we're stretching our mouths as wide apart as we can with our fingers.
Picture 10: Eli's stretching his mouth and my mouth is open to an impossible degree.
Picture 11: Eli's shirt is over his head and my finger is in my ear.
Picture 12: my tongue is sticking out, Eli's finger is stretching his mouth, and his hair's standing up.

To simulate the full effect, add these phrases at random between pictures:
"Come on, you guys!"
"Stop that."
"Arrrggghhh!"
"This is ridiculous!"
"Just let me take ONE picture!"
"Arrrghhhh!"

Photography. As a family.

Site Meter