Tuesday, June 05, 2007

The Music Masters

I was in Borders yesterday with Eli 5.10. Eli has a "book budget" each month, and since it was the fourth day of the month, it was burning a hole in his pocket.

How he was able to buy a magic kit with his book budget will not be explained and is not the subject of this post. It was a kick-ass little magic kit, though.

So while Eli was looking at various books in the Children's section, I noticed what was playing on the storewide sound system.

Marvin Gaye. "Let's Get It On."

I was just waiting for Eli to say "Daddy, what does 'get it on' mean?" Fortunately, he was wowed by Pirateology or Dragonology or some other Ology and didn't notice.

When the song ended, I assumed it couldn't get any stranger. That thought lasted until Rick James's "Superfreak" came on. That's when I realized that Borders was right in the middle of The Ultimate Hump Mix, Vol. 2.

The next song included the lyrics "Spread your wings so I can fly." I'm confident that spread your wings was a metaphor.

Site Meter