Monday, June 11, 2007

Surf's Up

I went to see Surf's Up with Eli 5.10 this afternoon.

The movie is rated PG, but it's got to be the mildest PG-rated film I've ever seen. I'm very cautious about what I let Eli see, and there was absolutely nothing in this movie that was even close to being a concern.

And it's funny. Very funny. It's a mockumentary about penguins and the sport they invented--surfing. There are many nice references to the actual history of surfing, the voice-acting is uniformly excellent, and the animation and graphics are spectacular.

Best of all, this movie doesn't scream at you all the time. It manages to be very funny without resorting to yelling all the punch lines.

I really enjoyed Happy Feet when we saw it last year--it was probably my favorite movie with Eli since we started going together--but I think I enjoyed Surf's Up more.

Site Meter