Thursday, November 06, 2008

Apparently, He Really Can't Help Himself

This is quite amusing, if by "amusing" you mean "makes me want to stab myself."

On the Activision earnings conference call this week, my man Bobby Kotick was at it again, in response to a question about the Vivendi games that were dropped by Activision when the two companies merged:
The games Activision Blizzard didn’t pick up, he said, “don’t have the potential to be exploited every year on every platform with clear sequel potential and have the potential to become $100 million dollar franchises. … I think, generally, our strategy has been to focus… on the products that have those attributes and characteristics, the products that we know [that] if we release them today, we’ll be working on them 10 years from now.”

Sir, you're certainly the new authority when it comes to "franchise exploitation," so I guess you should know.

Site Meter