Thursday, December 18, 2008

One Fine Day

I was about to get in the shower this morning when the phone rang. It was Gloria, and she wanted me to run downstairs and get her checkbook.

Since I was about to get in the shower, I had nothing on, and I thought I would just run down the stairs, grab the checkbook, and run back upstairs. The blinds were closed, so no one could see me naked, right?

I'm running down the stairs when I hear a loud knock at the front door. You know, the front door--with glass. It was the FedEx driver, making a delivery at the unheard of hour of 8:15 a.m.

This is how I wound up hiding naked on the stairs behind the Christmas tree, which was conveniently located between my nudity and the front door.

After that alarming bout of stairwell espionage, I went through a series of mid-morning disasters that culminated in me sticking a straw up my nose.

Site Meter