Thursday, June 25, 2015

Limits

The same lady has been cutting my hair for almost 30 years.

She's also been cutting the hair of the husband of one of Gloria's best friends for that long. I always get updates about what's going on with them from the haircutter, and I assume she gives him the same updates about us.

Today, we actually ran across each other.

He'd just gotten his hair cut, and I was next. It was great to see him.

"Hey, I saw Bert today," I said when I got home.

"What?" Gloria asked. "Getting his hair cut?"

"Yep," I said. "I was right after him."

"How long did you talk?" she asked.

"Fifteen minutes," I said. "I'm comfortable with one minute for every year I haven't seen someone, and I hadn't seen him in fifteen years." Eli 13.10 started laughing. "With some people, I'm comfortable pushing that to ninety seconds per year," I said.

Site Meter