Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Bigfoot

I thought I'd already written about this, but I can't find it in the archives, so here we go (again).

Longtime readers of DQ will remember that Eli 14.4 has a big foot.

Feet, actually (size 14), but in this case, I mean a big kicking foot.

During the Thanksgiving break, we went to his high school football to kick and throw around an Aerobie.

He hadn't kicked in at least six months. Too much going on, what with hockey and magic and all the other things he's interested in. We both enjoy kicking the ball around, though, and there was one particularly nice day during Thanksgiving break.

This kick was from about 25 yards. Just watch that ball fly (sorry about the wind noise--I had the mic turned all the way up):



In the "how is this even possible?" category, two people were running around the track. One of them walked over and said, "Who are you?"

Eli told him.

The kid said he played on the football team.

"Oh, you do?"  I said. "What position?"

"Kicker," he said. "But I'm a senior. He should try out for the team. We don't have anyone else who can kick it nearly that far."

"I'm a hockey player," Eli said. "I just do this for fun." Then he moved the ball back for a 40-yard kick and drilled it.

Eventually, he made one from 42 that would have been good from 45, but the family record (48 yards, when I was in high school) held. Barely.

Site Meter