Wednesday, August 08, 2018

It's On

"Here's the proposed list of events," I said. "Tennis. Mini-golf. Pickeball. Table Tennis. Golf. Running--400 meters. Basketball--horse. Bowling. Darts. Paper football. Baseball--batting. Did I miss anything?"

"I'm in," Eli said.

"All right, let's move on to scoring."

"This is important," Eli 17.0 said.

"200 points for the event winner, plus a 50 point bonus. The loser gets the percentage of the winner's score out of 200."

"Explain that." he said.

"Let's say you win table tennis 20-10," I said. "You get 200 points for winning, plus a 50 point bonus. I get 100 points, because it's half the 200 base, and I scored half your points."

"Okay, I get it," he said. "That sounds good."

"Events take place over two days, like the decathlon. Winner will be crowned the Head-to-Head Family Olympics Champion."

"There will be a trophy," he said.

"Oh, yes. There will always be a trophy, passed from family member to family member over generations."

What he doesn't know: I have a flag.



Coming on Tuesday (Olympics start on Wednesday). Cost me $12, plus shipping. Boom.

Site Meter