Thursday, August 22, 2019

The Championship

"What's the over-under on how many balls those guys lost in nine holes?" I asked Eli 18.0

"Twenty?" he asked.

"I think that's about right," I said.

Pilgrim's Run, even though it's beautiful, turned out to be a big bust. It was very pretty (not overwhelming, but beautiful), and it was incredibly cheap, but we were paired with another twosome, and they were terrible.

Super nice guys, but terrible. No kidding, they lost at least twenty balls in nine holes.

It was miserable. Plus, it took two and a half hours to play nine. Then we made the turn, saw THREE groups waiting to tee off, and bagged it. It would have taken three hours to play the back, and it wouldn't have been any fun.

We took the fun option instead: got in the air conditioning, stopped at Taco Bell, and went home.

After this morning's round, Eli said, "We're taking separate cars tomorrow."

"Of course we are," I said.

It's eighteen holes of match play for the Family Golf Championship. And, even better, the flag I had made for the Family Olympics (which never happened because I broke something) is now taped to my bag. He's going to have a heart attack when he sees this in the morning:



It's on.

I don't have much of a chance, but I'm not dead yet. Plus, he hates playing early.

Our tee time? 7:40 a.m. Heh.

Site Meter