Wednesday, September 08, 2021

What a Difference a Day Makes

It makes a big difference in your day when you don't wake up with a sore throat. 

I finished revising part one of The Man You Trust. It was a lot of close, intense work, but it's much better now, I think. There's a thread now that theoretically pulls the reader through into part two, instead of hoping that an interesting world will keep someone engaged indefinitely (it doesn't). 

We'll see how this version is received by readers. 

I took another antigen COVID test this morning before driving over to get Eli 20.1 for golf. Negative again, and I feel at least 90% of normal today. 

In case you're wondering, the at-home tests are relatively simple. The only unpleasant part is swabbing each nostril for fifteen seconds, because you're getting up in there and it's definitely uncomfortable. Still, though, results in fifteen minutes. Amazing. 

I figured I could stagger through nine holes of golf no matter how I felt, and the walking usually makes me feel better, so off we went. It was some of the strongest winds we've ever played in--22 MPH sustained, 38 MPH gusts.

Then, much to our surprise, we both played out of our minds. 

This was a considerably more difficult course than our little home course. I was +1 for the last seven holes (+3 overall), and it was an easy +1-- had four birdie putts inside 15 feet and missed them all. 

Eli was even better--+1 for the full nine, and he couldn't miss, either. 

I still have no idea what happened, but I'd like for it to happen again. 

Site Meter