Monday, November 27, 2023

Thanksgiving

I felt bad for Eli 22.3 because he wasn't getting a Thanksgiving dinner. I thought.

Even with only four Americans in his college, though, the dining staff came through. They emailed all four and said they wanted to cook a Thanksgiving dinner for them, but didn't know what dishes to include, so would they please send ideas?

Amazing, thoughtful, and kind.

He sent me a picture of the spread:















I see turkey, sweet potatoes with marshmallows, stuffing, potatoes, green bean casserole, and brussel sprouts, among other things.

What makes Oxford special, from the way Eli describes it, is that it's special everywhere. I can't think of a better example.

I was asked over for Thanksgiving, and I had a lovely meal and day as well. We were both lucky this year.

Site Meter