Wednesday, August 28, 2024

Art Quilting

How's that for two words you never thought you'd see in this space?

There was an art quilting convention last weekend, and, as E.B. White said (almost), I went for secret reasons.

I didn't know there was such a thing as "art quilts." After seeing the exhibits, I'm still not entirely sure, but it did appear that calling quilts "art" was making lots of people lots of money. 

However, while 95% of what I saw didn't seem like art, I did see a few that did. I should also clarify that quilts can be very complicated now, with photos on fabric and all kind of non-stitched work.

Here's one:














Here's another, and it was definitely art:














I also found a street style quilt (at least, I thought it was):














I experienced something I thought I never would, it only took an hour, and it was a good experience. Also, doing anything with C is fun.

Site Meter