Monday, August 19, 2024

PC Help

I've got a bit of a problem.

I almost never turn my PC off, and it's been chugging along for years. With Eli 23.0 here, though, and him sleeping in my study, and my graphics card having obnoxious RGB lighting that is both bright and highly visible, I've been turning it off every evening and turning it back on in the morning.

No problem.

Yesterday, when I turned it on, it hung at the ASUS logo on the BIOS screen. I unplugged it, let it sit for 30 seconds or so, plugged it back in, turned it on, and it was fine.

Today, it hung on the ASUS logo again. I unplugged it, waited, and plugged it back in.

This time, though, nothing turned on. 

I looked on the motherboard and no lights were visible. I believe that is definitive proof of a dead power supply, but are there any other possibilities? I did order a new power cord, just in case, even though it's an unlikely source of the problem. It was cheap, though, and easier than replacing the power supply, so I thought I'd try it.

Ugh. I don't have time to deal with this right now. Thanks for your help.

Site Meter