Friday Links!
It's a big week for the Guardian on Friday Links because they've had a plethora of interesting articles this week.Leading off, a positive possibility for AI (attention DQ Film Advisor Ben O.): ‘I see the incredible promise’: on set of an AI film shoot as new studios embrace controversial tech.
From the author/artist of the incredible Maus: Art Spiegelman: ‘The US needs a counter-revolution’.
A brilliant essay on the tragedy of Jason Arday: The Truths That Failed Jason Arday.
A tremendous long read: The long shadow of Argentina’s dictatorship: she wasn’t who she thought she was – neither was her father.
This is fantastic: Are They Dead Yet? The art of the obit.
From Wally, an excellent essay on AI and writing: Why a copy is insufficient. Bag fumble of all-time: In 1977, George Lucas agreed to a lower director's fee on Star Wars in exchange for keeping the merchandising and sequel rights, a trade 20th Century Fox executives considered an easy win because nobody thought movie toys would sell — those rights are now estimated to be worth more than $20 billion. I don't agree with much of this, but it's a thoughtful essay: Fair Replies to Fair Questions: Regarding The AI Essay Discussion for I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream. It's AI week for Wally, and here's one about something that will become much more prominent with time: Book Festival Scams, Interview Fakes: Two New AI-Driven Impersonation Scams to Avoid.

<< Home