Thursday, August 04, 2005

Unfortunate Abbreviation Theater, Vol. 5

From long-time DQ reader Mark Lahren:
It was 1984. My girlfriend and I were shopping for TVs at Montgomery Wards, and after a nice talk with one of the salespersons, a Paulette Ness, she gave us one of her cards and we left.

As we went into the parking lot, my girlfriend was staring at the card. "You've got to be kidding me!" she exclaimed, and handed me the card to look at.

On it was the usual Montgomery Wards crap and her name in big letters: P. Ness.


From Tim Hibbets:
In an effort to confirm all the computer equipment that they have distributed (as they had very weak inventory control during deployment), the computer contractor has requested that we do an Asset Reconciliation. There's no way to shorten this term, even for an agency famous for doing so (DoD).

Yeah, the Department of Defense probably wouldn't take a shine to "Ass Recon." Heh heh. I feel like Beavis and/or Butthead when I read these.

From Robert Kaye:
I own a small theatre company. We send out mailings all the time.

We got a call from a church group and the lady was laughing.

The church was Catholic Church of the Assumption.

Guess my label program ran out of space on that line at JUST the right point.

Site Meter