Thursday, November 10, 2005

Contest Question Day 1

Please remember--you're still in the contest if you're in the list of seventeen qualifiers I posted last night. But there are only seventeen of you left.

And let me just say that it's damned hard to figure out a question that isn't an auto-answer just by searching a DQ archive with a keyword. Also please note that there might be a few questions from the Gone Gold days before the contest is over.

Here we go.

The question: We had a contest (well, not actually a contest, since no prizes were awarded) where people described, using a small phrase, their most basic thoughts about how they saw the world. How large was this phrase allowed to be?

Note: "most basic thoughts about how they saw the world" is not exactly how I described it in the column, but it's close. It's designed to defeat a keyword search.

Good luck. One answer per person per day, which means you need to answer by midnight Central Standard Time. Please label your e-mails "CONTEST DAY 1."

Now I'm going to go play a game that is more fun than any game I've played in the last twenty years. I'll write about it next week, but I believe this game is going to be the surprise smash hit of the holidays.

Site Meter