Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Eli 4.10

More Eli 4.10 stories from the last week.

"Daddy, what's a jane reaction?" Eli asked me yesterday.

"I think that's chain reaction," I said.

"No, I'm pretty sure she said jane reaction," Eli said patiently.
***

"Mommy, come snuggle with me on the couch," Eli said. Gloria walked over to the couch and sat down. "I haven't hugged you since this morning!" he said. Then he gave her a big hug and went "Oooh, that feels good!"

Two seconds later, he said "Mommy! You have smell in your mouth! Yuck!"
***

Oh, if you're wondering what space behind your knees is called, according to Eli 4.10 it's your "legpit."
***

In-between Space Camp and Paleontology Camp and Pirate Camp and Sports Camp, Eli went to a Little Gym camp called "Cheerleading."

Great.

"Mommy, is cheerleading a sport?" Eli 4.10 asked.

"Well--" Gloria said.

"NO," I said. "Cheerleading is not a sport. If you have to smile, it's not a sport."

"Got it," Eli said.

Two nights later, I was sitting in the living room and he came marching in. "Let's--get--a yittle bit rowdy!" he said. "R-O-W- (he dropped his hands)-D-Y!" (raises arms into a "V").

There was no way to punctuate that last sentence correctly. I just gave up.

His favorite book right now is Captain Underpants and the Attack of the Talking Toilets. The first time I read it to him, he laughed so hard that he almost fell off the bed.

So you think that he's just a goofy little kid, which he is, but then something happens that you just can't believe. Gloria was reading him The Skull Alphabet Book, which is an A-Z book where there's the skull of a mammal for each letter of the alphabet, and you have to identify the animal from the picture and the description.

Here's the description for "I":
I is for...This fast and graceful African animal has eye sockets on eacah side of its skull. It has monocular vision. Each eye sees something different.

The first time Gloria read that page and saw the skull, she said "I think that's an Ibex."

Eli said "Mommy! That's not an Ibex--the horns are pointing in the wrong direction. That's an Impala!"

He was right.

Site Meter