Friday, October 13, 2006

The Wii Pre-Order: BAM!

Yesterday I got to see a woman catching dog pee with a ladle. It was a very, very lucky day.

Today, not so much.

However, I've had a much luckier day than Gloria. She called me at 8:30 this morning, just as I was pulling into a Gamestop parking lot, and told me that a truck had just torn the front bumper off her car.

Gloria's a very careful driver, and the chances of her having an accident on any given day are incredibly low. The chances of her having having an accident ninety seconds before I get in line for a Wii pre-order are infinitesimally low.

Like I said about luck: today, not so much.

Gloria wasn't hurt, and she'd already dropped Eli 5.2 off at his school (she was pulling out of the parking lot of the school when she got hit). So besides missing out on the Wii pre-order and spending the morning taking her car to the body shop, getting a rental car, etc., it was all okay.

I walked to an Enterprise rent-a-car from the body shop. We've rented from this location before, and it's kind of an amazing place, because when their sign says "Rent-a-Car," they mean it literally--they never have more one than one car available. "All I've got is a 1982 Pacer with bald tires and a hole in the engine block," they'll say, "until next June."

They should change their sign from Rent-a-Car to Rent-the-Car.

Site Meter