Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Invalid

I shut down my system last night when I heard fierce rumblings in the distance.

This morning, I turned it on and saw this in a red box on the center of my screen:
SECURE BOOT VIOLATION
Invalid signature detected. Check Secure Boot Policy in Setup.

Every Google result I see on this indicates that Windows Update screws something up and then this message appears out of nowhere. Also, that disabling secure boot in the BIOS might fix it, which I'll try as soon as the photographer is done taking pictures of our house.

In the meantime, I'm working on the Surface on a ping pong table in the garage, with two cats in their carriers beside me, worrying that they must be going to the vet because that's the only reason they get put in their carriers.

Yesterday, I was in the grocery store and heard a man in his sixties talking to (probably) his mother, who was in her eighties. I didn't hear the entire phrase, but what I caught was "...a monstrosity of women."

Immediately I wondered: is this an actual thing? Is it similar to a murder of crows or a cast of falcons? A parliament of owls, perhaps?

What would the equivalent phrase be on the male side, anyway? A bro of men?

Site Meter