Monday, April 24, 2017

A Big Week

Eli 15.9 has two final tryout skates this week, and by this weekend, he should know if he made the team.

This is the last open AAA goalie spot in the state, as far as I can tell. If you're wondering what happens if he doesn't make it, I can't tell you.

He's played extremely well in tryouts, so he's done his part. Tryouts can be wacky, though, and roster spots can turn on seemingly small things.

Like I said, though, we'll know by this weekend, at least.

He also went to Saginaw for Selects last weekend. It was a confusing tryout, because there were three districts involved, and they take kids from each district, but there was no way to tell which kids were from which district, so no one even knew who they were competing against.

We find out about that by May 3. "If I don't make it this year, I'm going back next year and kicking the door down," Eli said.

Site Meter