Tuesday, February 12, 2019

Coltish

Another pony runner was sighted today.

This guy was fast and fit, though. He was doing 7 minute miles for half an hour, at least. Running on his toes, hands flapping in front.

Clearly, this is what a pony would do after he discovered that he could stand and run on his hind legs. What do these flipper things do? I'll just let them flap in front of me until I figure it out.

The best part of all this was when the pony ran past me on his warm-down. He was cantering, I swear.

I had no idea until now that I've discovered a secret American demographic: the pony runner.

Soon, there will be books like The Pony Runners: The Incredible True Story of a Delightful Gait and How It Changed America and Clip-Clop, Don't Stop: How You Can Find True Love by Running Like a Pony.

New York Times bestseller list, all of them.

Site Meter