Monday, February 11, 2019

The Wait

We went to a restaurant on Saturday night. It wasn't expensive, and the menu had lots of things on it that I wanted to try.

We got there at 6:15 and were told it was a 30-40 minute wait. I hate waiting, but every place was crowded (no one had been able to get out for days because of the weather), so we decided to stay.

Time passed.

I grew melancholy in my old age. I'd seen so much, and I had much to reflect on as my life was winding down.

The woman at the desk said it would be "soon." Big things were happening just out of our view, she assured us. Then she said "soon" again. And again. It was a haunting refrain as I struggled to remain conscious.

After an hour and fifteen minutes, we were seated. I wouldn't wait an hour and fifteen minutes for a lifeboat.

Site Meter