Tuesday, February 19, 2019

I'm a Fan

This is Reed's Lake on a rare, sunny day in winter:



My camera doesn't do justice to the colors. Sparkling snow, pink tinged light, the moon rising--truly beautiful.

It's not 77 inches of snow a year that's hard to handle. Or the cold. It's the lack of sun here (6th cloudiest city in the country). Especially in winter--day after day of absolutely no sun at all.

When you move up north, you get to like things you never cared about.

Like melting.

I never thought one way or the other about melting when I lived in Austin. Up here, though, I'm a huge fan. There is nothing better in winter than the sound of water dripping, because it means snow and ice are melting, and that means the roads will be clear and maybe even your driveway.

Oh, come on. We all know that the driveway will never be clear.

Site Meter