Thursday, October 17, 2019

Ring Fit Adventure/Disco Elysium/Six Ages/Notes

Okay, I forgot that I'm actually playing TWO games on launch day this week.

We go from the sublime (Disco Elysium) to the ridiculous (Ring Fit Adventure). I'm going to try to play RFA for 30 minutes a day for at least two weeks, and I'll report when interesting (YMMV).

Maybe I'll play each of them for 30 minutes a day, consecutively. That would be entirely surreal.

You should be ready for a slower pace at the start of Disco Elysium than most games have these days. It's not a game for people with five-minute attention spans, but it really is extraordinary. I was trying to think of a word to describe the feeling, and I think it's "crafted." So many games now just don't have that feeling--they're kind of slopped together, we'll fix it after it ships carelessness. DE, though, feels tight. It feels like an enormous amount of care was taken in its creation.

Oh, wait--THREE games on launch day. Six Ages: Ride Like the Wind (the sequel to Dragon Pass) launches today as well.

This is the big week of fall for me, gaming-wise, and I didn't even realize it until today. Entertainment coffers are overflowing.

Also, in random notes, I sometimes put things on the shopping list. Not items, really, but conditions, which is considerably less helpful. Today's shopping list has "CHIP EMERGENCY!" scrawled on it.


Site Meter