Tuesday, July 14, 2020

Loop de Froot

 If you say in the first chapter that there is a rifle hanging on the wall, in the second or third chapter it absolutely must go off.
--Anton Chekhov

It was the first thing that came to mind when I saw the following package at the grocery store:



As soon as I saw it, I realized that a gun had been loaded, and it must be fired.

I bought a box immediately.

When you open the package, the first thing you notice is the smell. Froot Loops have a signature smell of which I am intimately familiar, given that I must have eaten several hundred boxes of the cereal as a kid.

Didn't even need milk. Right out of the box. Then I'd wind up with dry cereal hand. Connoisseurs know what I'm talking about.

Back on task. Pop-Tarts nailed the smell of Froot Loops. It's perfect.

The Pop-Tart itself is more problematic. It's like a zombie--sure, there are still some human qualities, but the essence of the thing is no longer human.

That's what happened here. It tastes like Froot Loops, sort of, but it's not, and it just makes you miss the cereal.

I won't be buying a second box of the Pop-Tarts. I will, however, buy a box of cereal on my next trip. Nice memories.

Site Meter