Thursday, September 09, 2021

Kevin

Eli 20.1 is on his way back to Ann Arbor now, but before he left, we played golf. 

I was even after seven holes, had a little pitch shot on the eighth--and choked. Just totally choked and hit it into a sand trap. 

Painful. 

Still, though, it's less painful with your son, and we went to have dinner afterwards. We got our food and sat outside. 

It was Mexican food, and they had lots of bottled sodas, so Eli got a strawberry.

"Wasp and Strawberry Soda: A Love Affair," I said, after a friendly wasp decided to stop by. 

He was quite persistent.

"What do you think his name is?" Eli asked, as we watched the wasp enjoy his strawberry drink.

"Good question," I said. "What does he look like to you?"

"I think he's a Kevin."

"That's solid," I said. "I'd also nominate 'Lance,' just for the sheer wordplay."

We watched the wasp for a while. "Nope, he's definitely a Kevin," I said.

Once you start watching a wasp, it's hard to stop. We were riveted as it climbed on Eli's taco.

"You know," I said, "if we had a taco to the same scale, it would be the size of this entire patio."

"Plus the wind would be blowing 600 MPH." 

"I feel like I respect Kevin's skill in an entirely new way," I said.

Site Meter