Monday, December 25, 2023

Different, Yet the Same

Last year it was basketball in a foot of snow. This year it was tennis in 53 degree weather.

No nets, because the nets get taken down everywhere in November, but it didn't really matter. Not to us, anyway.

I used to be fast on the court--really fast, actually--but those days are so long gone I can hardly even remember them now. I feel like a buffalo, and hitting with Eli 22.4 for an hour after not playing for the last year made my arm feel like it was attached to a taser.

It's a high-ibuprofen environment when he's here, but in a good way. 

After I picked him up yesterday, we went to the store to pick up a few things for lunch, and he got a big bunch of kale. It hung out of the bag, and he turned and it fell out. We reached down at the same time, caught it at the same time, and laughed at the same time. 

Just like always.  

Site Meter