Tuesday, January 09, 2024

Get Your Sugar The F--- Away From Me (thanks very much)

I'm working out at Planet Fitness in the middle of a raging snowstorm. Winter has descended.

In the process of riding an exercise bike to absolutely nowhere, a song comes on over the facility-wide speakers. It's "Pour Some Sugar On Me," by Def Leppard. 

You know the song, the one with Dylan-esque lyrics like this:
I'm hot, sticky sweet
From my head to my feet, yeah

It's not that this song is bad; it's that it is egregiously bad. The lyrics are what a thirteen-year-old imagines sexy people talk like, and if this was the first song ever played on guitar, the inventor of the instrument would have destroyed it in a fit of rage. 

I'm not asking for a curated soundtrack or anything. I don't need Lester Bangs AI to select songs for Planet Fitness. It would just be nice to avoid hearing the worst songs ever recorded. 

Looking at you, Foreigner. I don't want any ice, either.

Site Meter