Wednesday, June 03, 2020

Serenity, For a Moment

I think we can all use this right now:



That's the view from where Eli 18.10 was staying for two weeks with his friends. The house was very basic, but the view was absolutely stunning.

I know this because he lost his keys and I had to drive 2.5 hours up there to give him his spare set.

On the face of it, that would be annoying. But it's so beautiful when you drive north that I really didn't even mind.

It gets sparse, people-wise, the further you drive north. And you see things that can't be explained. I saw a 30-foot arrow embedded in a parking lot. I wonder if there is a race of giants that live somewhere in the U.P., coming down in summer to randomly shoot their enormous arrows, then forgetting to pick them up.

Because giants, I mean--not the brightest.

There's also the matter of the World's Slowest McDonald's, which is in Cadillac, apparently. Everyone staying in the house warned me about it, because I wanted to stop somewhere for food on the way back.

When I got to Cadillac, there were at least a dozen cars in the McDonald's drive through. Hard pass.

Within less than a block, though, I saw a Burger King.

Side note: after posting about the Burger King on fire a while back, I now get a picture anytime someone drives past a Burning King.

I went through the drive through, so I didn't experience any Burger King despair, and it was the World's Fastest Burger King.

What are the odds?



Site Meter